Website Fort Morgan High School
Fort Morgan High School is seeking applications for an Assistant Boys’ Golf Coach.
Serves as the Assistant Coach following Colorado High School Athletic Association (CHSAA) and High School and MCSDRE3 guidelines; responsible to assist head coach.
Practice is slated to begin August 2019 and the season will run through early October 2019 (state finals).
Previous coaching experience strongly preferred. Criminal background check required for hire. CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required before coaching assignment begins. Certified Teacher preferred (MCSD staff given preference). Experience and/or education with running a golf program preferred. Must complete required trainings upon hire: Concussion, Blood Borne Pathogens, Child Abuse and Reporting, and Sexual Harassment.
• Willing to work 5-6 days a week during the season with practices and contests. The hours depend on trips, in-season and off-season, and the number of contests.
• Willingness to design and implement a summer program.
• Manage a budget.
• Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program.
• Shows competence in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility usage times.
• Provides guidance and safeguards for each participant by being present at all of his/her practices, games, while traveling and when returning from off-campus.
• Is accountable for all equipment. Capable of issuing and collecting of equipment and submits to the Athletic Director an annual inventory.
• Secures all doors, lights, windows and, locks and stores all equipment before leaving areas. Supervises locker room area before and after practice.
• Instills in each player a respect for equipment, school property, and their proper use.
• Assists the assistant coaches in understanding their roles and responsibilities.
• Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport.
• Works on establishing the basic framework and philosophy of the sport.
• Never criticizes, admonishes or argues with any staff members within ears or eyes of players and parents.
• Strives to improve skills by attending clinics and using resources made available by the Athletic Director.
• Guarantees that all district equipment including district vehicles are used only for official school business and are operated safely.
• Gets certification with MCSD Transportation Department in order to drive a Suburban and/or small bus.
• Completes all required certifications from CHSAA
To apply for this job please visit www.schoolspring.com.