Website University of Tulsa
The Assistant Coach, Women’s Golf reports to the Head Women’s Golf Coach and is responsible for all aspects of the University of Tulsa NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Program. This position will perform as a positive role model for student-athletes in an upbeat environment which strives for academic and athletic excellence and will establish a professional relationship with student-athletes, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university, and it’s athletic program.
• Assists the Head Women’s Golf Coach in the recruitment of highly skilled student-athletes for the women’s golf team; recruitment will include a heavy focus on international prospective student-athletes (PSAs)
• Responsible for coordinating all team travel for the women’s golf team
• Responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Golf Coach with the overall management of program operations travel, recruiting, equipment, coaching, and team operating budget.
• Assists in marketing and promotion of the university’s women’s golf program
• Assists in fundraising for women’s golf
• Develops and implements programs to assist student-athletes in their transition into the college environment
• Assists in the coordination and management of home golf tournaments
• Assists in the development of student-athletes
• Assists in the daily preparation and coordination of team practices
• Performs necessary administrative duties
Bachelor’s degree; minimum one year collegiate coaching and/or playing experience in the sport of golf; excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills; strong self-starter; ability to work within the American Athletic Conference; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; ability to work closely with a diverse group of people.
Master’s Degree and demonstrated ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, coaches and administrators.
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or submit online at utulsa.edu/job-application. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/ Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit utulsa.edu.