Website Santa Rosa City Schools
About the Employer
With a rich history and a bright future, Santa Rosa City Schools has served our community for more than 150 years. Today, we have the mission of educating more than 16,000 students.
Every Student. Every Possibility. No Matter What.
8/30/2019 11:55 PM Pacific
Length of Work Year:
$2,339 Stipend (Step 1) Paid at the end of the season.
Number Openings: (At time of posting)
Contact: Mary Alyce Stephens
Phone: 707-890-3800 80607
Job Description / Essential Elements:
HIGH SCHOOL COACH
Under supervision of the Principal and school Athletic Director, coach students in a specific sport during the established season at the high school.
1. Coach and instruct students in a sport, instruct students in the proper use of equipment and rules of the specific sport
2 Supervise students in the locker room, during practices, during athletic competitions and on buses to and from athletic competitions
3. Maintain student discipline, including prevention of hazing, harassment and discrimination
4. Apply the principles of “Pursuing Victory With Honor” as adopted by the Board of Education and endorsed by the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF)
5. Maintain proper inventory and care of equipment and facilities
6. Assess student performance and make coaching decisions without regard to outside teen/youth affiliations. (For coaches who coach both at a school and for a private or community club/team)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge and ability to prevent injuries
2. Ability to teach and motivate high school aged students
3. Possess current CPR and First Aid certificate
4. Possess a water safety certificate for swimming and diving
5. Ability to work with other staff to raise funds for the sport and athletic program
1. Skills of the sport
2. Strategies and concepts in the sport
3. Rules of the sport
4. Policies of the school district and CIF that apply to athletics and student behavior
5. Adolescent growth and development, that a student is an individual and an athlete
1. Exhibit positive leadership skills, good sportsmanship and personal and professional integrity
2. Maintain good communication with the Athletic Director, school administrators, other staff and parents
3. Demonstrate good rapport with the coaches and staff of other schools and the athletic officials
4. Organize, plan, and execute practices and game schedules in a timely manner
5. Maintain the fiscal responsibility for the sport
6. Administer CPR and First Aid
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience in teaching and coaching the sport at the Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity or college level
2. Participation in competitive sports in high school, college or community
3. Training in how to teach and coach the sport
4. Formal training in child development and/or experience with youth
5. Teaching credential preferred, but not necessary
The environment is typically a locker room, gymnasium, field, court, track, pool or course. The coach is responsible for equipment, records, school district forms, attending coaching meetings and security of the school facility.
Requirements / Qualifications
Copies of valid CPR and First Aid Cards must be uploaded with the application. SRCS only accepts American Red Cross, American Heart Association or National Safety Council. (NO Online Certificates Accepted.)
• Concussion Certificate required.
• Coaches Education Class Certificate required.
• Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certificate required.
Must complete Mandated Reporter Training prior to the 1st day of work. When you apply for this position, you will receive an email attachment with the details of this training.
Comments and Other Information
Applications must be fully completed in order to be considered.
The Santa Rosa City Schools District prohibits, at any district school or school activity, discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying, based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This shall apply when applicable, to interns, volunteers, and job applicants. For questions, concerns or complaints, please contact District Equity and Title IX Compliance Officer: Stacy Spector, Assistant Superintendent Human Resources; 211 Ridgway Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401; (707) 890-3800 Ext. 80602; email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit jobabstracts.com.