Website Rockford Public Schools
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Assist and guide participating student athletes achieve a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship and citizenship. To oversee and promote the specific sports program in accordance with NFHS, IHSA and RPS #205 Board Policies and athletic handbook.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant Coaches
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
• Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
• Works with Building and District Athletic Director to secure facilities for a safe/secure practice and competitions environment for student athletes.
• Plans and communicates with assistant coaches regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and sport specific success of student athletes.
• Develops, communicates and maintains a regular detailed practice schedule.
• Maintains equipment/uniform inventory annually.
• Annually recommends equipment purchase to Athletic Director in accordance with Board Policy purchasing procedures.
• Manages fundraisers, athletic activity account deposits and distributions of funds in accordance with Board Policy.
• Manages the orderly distribution and collection of uniforms and sport specific inventory.
• Assures that all student athletes are incompliance with District #205 requirements including athletic physicals, student code of conduct, athletic fees paid, academic eligibility and all other standards included in the district athletic handbook.
• Models/mentors in instilling values of sportsmanship, citizenship and teamwork.
• Monitors proper supervision of student athletes at practices, competitions, locker rooms, and when competing away.
• Leads in selecting assistant and volunteer coaches.
• Leads in evaluating assistant coaches.
• Completes the evaluation of the IHSA officials in a timely manner.
• Conducts a mandatory pre-season parent meeting.
• Maintains individual and team statistics and records.
• Plans and implements a seasonal awards recognition program through the building athletic office.
• Engages in personal / sport specific professional development education.
• Implements programmatic instruction of sequential fundamentals to their feeder programs and works closely with the strength and conditioning coach.
• Other duties as assigned by the Building Athletic Director.
Valid Illinois Teachers Certificate and/or Meets IHSA Criteria (Qualification of Coaches – 2.070)
Previous head coaching or high level coaching experience in the specific coaching field is recommended.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work.OTHER:
This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.