Website Martin County School District
(1) Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution preferred. Or a standard high school
diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Education Development (GED) Testing
(2) Valid Florida certification in an appropriate area required.
(3) Ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of federal and state laws, State Board of Education rules, School Board policies, and all Florida
High School Athletics Association (FHSAA) policies and bylaws applicable to assigned responsibilities. Ability
to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to use technology to support assigned duties.
Technical knowledge specific to assigned area. Ability to work cooperatively with others.
School Principal/Assistant Principal for Athletics
To operate his/her program under a code of conduct beyond question. To make positive
efforts to teach the sport, as well as the rules, sportsmanship codes, and other values available within
* (1) The Head Coach shall operate a program within the philosophy of the school.
* (2) Administer game details for home and away contests and assign assistant coaches to their specific
duties for their particular sport.
* (3) Ensure that all information and materials are provided to assistant coaches.
* (4) Ensure that precautions against negligence are followed by keeping staff fully informed of all the rules
and regulations pertaining to their sport.
* (5) Provide for care, maintenance, and ordering of equipment and facilities for the entire program per
School Board policy.
* (6) Ensure adherence to good safety procedures and provide oversight to ensure successful
implementation of activities.
* (7) Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
* (8) Follow federal and state laws as well as all FHSAA and School Board policies.
(9) Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or Assistant Principal for Athletics.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as
needed to move objects.
HEAD COACH – GOLF
HEAD COACH – GOLF (Continued)
BOARD APPROVED: 6/17/14
See Job Description Supplement for Codes
Physical Activity – occasionally
F, G, K-O, Q
Working Conditions B
Materials, Tools and Equipment A, C-H
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the district’s approved compensation plan.
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the district.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of
*Essential Performance Responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit www.schoolspring.com.