Website Adams County School District 14
• Position Type:
• Date Posted:
Adams City High School
• Date Available:
• Closing Date:
01/31/2019 HEAD COACH – GIRLS GOLF
2018/19 SCHOOL YEAR
The Head Coach will be expected to:
• Be directly responsible for all aspects of the program including specific techniques, patterns, offenses, defenses and philosophy of the sport.
• Adhere to the rules, regulations, stipulations, and policies of the Colorado High School Activities Association, EMAC League (Junior and Senior), National Federation rules, and Adams County School District 14.
• Attend clinics and conferences to keep updated in current trends in the sport.
• Assist with supervision of athletes and adjunct personnel assigned to the team.
• Communicate special needs to the athletic director as necessary.
• Be fair and consistent in all decisions and judgments related to the sport participants.
• Perform other duties as prescribed by the athletic director. QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be a certificated teacher or eligible for a letter of authorization as an expert in the field.
Must hold a current Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSSA) Coach Certification.
Must have current Concussion Course training.
Must hold a current First Aid Card and a valid CPR certification.
Must possess a strong comprehensive knowledge of the sport, preferably having participated in the sport at a collegiate or professional level
Must be knowledgeable of proper fitness and conditioning techniques necessary for athletes.
• Be directly responsible to the athletic director for all aspects of the program including specific techniques, patterns, offenses, defenses and philosophy of the sport.
• Adhere to the rules, regulations, stipulations, and policies of the Colorado High School Activities Association, EMAC League (Junior and Senior), National Federation rules, and Adams County School District 14. Essential Duties:
• All coaches will coordinate, promote, and assist with general management of a comprehensive high school athletic program.
• All coaches will assist academic staff with obtaining a consistent level of superior academic performance from program athletes.
• All coaches will provide strict supervision of all program athletes prior to, during and after all school sanctioned events.
• All coaches will maintain current program required certifications, registrations, and memberships.
• All coaches will perform all assigned tasks in a prompt, proficient, and professional manner.
• All coaches will maintain acceptable personal hygiene/grooming and wear program approved attire at all school sanctioned events.
• All coaches will notify the head coach and athletic director one hour prior to the scheduled start time if unable to attend any school sanctioned event. SALARY: Per the Supplemental Pay schedule located in the Certified Employee handbook. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer. All new employees must be fingerprinted per H.B. 90-1077 at a cost of $40.00 to the employee.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: January 31, 2019
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district’s online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado’s 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education’s policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.topschooljobs.org.