Website Indiana Wesleyan University
Head Golf Coach
Within the leadership oversight of the Offices of the Executive Vice President and the Department of Athletics, our challenge is to build committed leaders who are agents of change in their world for Christ.This kind of leader is committed to Christ – a Kingdom seeker; to their peers – a compassionate friend; and to the broken world around them – a world changing Christian.
MINISTRY VALUES and STRATEGY
• The Head Golf Coach must be committed to the Lordship of Christ. This not only means having the correct intellectual belief, but it involves a radical transformation in every area of one’s lifestyle. The Coach must continually seek opportunities to grow and possess strong character traits through the regular practicing of the spiritual disciplines (e.g. prayer, meditation, Bible reading) and develop ministry values that express what God can do in impacting student athletes with whom they interact.
• The Coach’s ministry strategy is to serve student athletes and the entire campus by creating a spiritually rich environment supporting community development, quality programs and exciting innovative initiatives.
• The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate teaching competence and integration of personal faith and the truths of Christianity with instruction on the field.
The reporting relationship is to the Athletics Director. The primary responsibilities are to direct, support and supervise a successful intercollegiate golf program representing student athletes.The Head Coach is responsible for the golf budget, strategic planning, recruiting, facilities, policies, compliance, scholarships, promotion and leadership of the team.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Coaching):
• Develop, manage, and successfully coach golf, to include scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, reporting scores and statistics, and website updating.
• Manage and operate within budget parameters, without exception. Submit all receipts and budget reports on time as directed by Director of Athletics.
• Ensure strict adherence to all Crossroads League, NAIA, and NCCAA by-laws and regulations.
• Ensure adherence with established institutional compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
• Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
• Ensure the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
• Responsible for successful coaching, to include maximizing the team’s potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, supporting the spiritual development of each player, and retaining athletes through graduation.
• Manage all department fund-raising and booster events in accordance with University, Crossroads league, NAIA and NCCAA expectations, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
• Learn, understand, and adhere to all NAIA, NCCAA guidelines and maintain up-to-date rosters, squad lists and other information keeping compliance as a first priority.
• Participate in long-range planning and assessment, attend all departmental training sessions and meetings, read and comply with all departmental policy manuals.
• Plan and implement daily practice sessions.
• Opportunity to develop sport camps and conferences as fundraisers and compensation supplement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Request, monitor, and oversee any budgetary responsibilities as assigned.
• Participate as requested in committees, councils or professional organizations that pertain to this position.
• Counsel with students and refer as necessary regarding spiritual, personal, emotional or academic problems.
• Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with Indiana Wesleyan University’s mission and goals.Support the policies of the student handbook with integrity.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and create an environment of quality and innovation.
• Work within Athletic Department to foster an environment of cooperation and unity.
• Must demonstrate a mature and expressive Christian faith commitment.
• Needs to passionately support and articulate the University mission and vision for athletics within the context of that mission.
• Must have some level of experience in coaching and teaching that includes recruiting student-athletes, marketing, scheduling, equipment budgeting/management, and facility care.
• Must have an earned Bachelor’s Degree. (Master’s Preferred)
• Need to be gifted in supervising and motivating others.
• Must be creative and innovative; discerning and a thorough planner.
• Must subscribe to the principles and lifestyle of the Wesleyan Church.
This is a part-time, stipend position.LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit careers.insidehighered.com.