Website Pocatello/Chubbuck School District 25
Letters of application stating qualifications for specific position
• Current resume
• Two current letters of recommendation
Transcripts*THERE ISN’T A TEACHING ASSIGNMENT ASSOCIATED
WITH THIS POSITION AT THIS TIME*QUALIFICATIONS:
• Idaho Teacher Certification or NFHS/ASEP certified
• College degree
• Previous experience as a player and coach
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director and Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide student athletes the opportunity to develop an appreciation for the value of competition, discipline, hard work, and sportsmanship while serving as a member of a team where all are working toward a common goal.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain Professional Relationships
• Develop a plan to maintain positive relations with student-athletes and build high number of student-athletes who participate in the program each year.
• Cooperate with the administration and keep them well-informed about all aspects of the program, particularly potential concerns.
• Build a strong coaching staff that has defined responsibilities, works well together, and supports each other.
• Promote the total athletic program by supporting other coaches and their programs.
• Maintain excellent relationships with the staff, booster club, parents, cheerleaders, music department, media, and the public
• Strive to fit in well at school and help school achieve its goals in the areas.
II. Demonstrate Professional Competencies
• Put together a successful all-around sports program that is based on a solid philosophy and is consistently competitive at the regional and state level.
• Teach and demonstrate knowledge of the skills of the sport, including offensive skills, defensive skills, and overall game strategy.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop the student-athletes and team as a whole by preparing athletes physically and emotionally.
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain discipline and control of athletes while teaching fundamental concepts of sportsmanship, citizenship, and fair play.
• Consistently demonstrate the ability to motivate student-athletes to do their best.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills to maintain a smooth operating program.
III. Accomplish Management Duties
• Provide proper supervision for student-athletes at all times when they are participating in the program.
• Take steps to prevent, care for, and report injuries, working closely with the trainer.
• Become knowledgeable of and adhere to all IHSAA, district, school, and athletic department policies.
• Provide a program to ensure proper use and care of equipment and uniforms, including an inventory record that is kept up to date.
• Skillfully manage the sports budget, following proper procedures for requesting funds, purchasing, and fund-raising.
• Work closely with the activities director and activities secretary to stay on top of scheduling, busing, fund-raising, student eligibility, facility use, IHSAA reports, etc
To apply for this job please visit www.startwire.com.