Website Cross County Community School
Cross County Community Schools
Cross County Schools is taking applications for the following coaching position for 2.
Head Golf Coach Position is open until filled.
The Head Golf Coach is responsible for various aspects of the Golf Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents (in conjunction with the Athletic Director) , training, and coaching team members.
In order to be successful in this job , an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill s and/or abilit ies required. Reasonable accommodatio n may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
• Manage and supervise athletic activit ies, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
• Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities
of student athlet es in golf .
• Coordinate the development, promotion and recruitment for the Golf Program.
• Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the G olf P rogram
• Work with other members of school staff to plan a nd put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
• Work with outside organizations to establish a curriculum at the elementary school levels, as well as coordinating the implementation of summer camps for youth and community students .
• Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students? athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis
• Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both indiv idual and team development.
• Hold a pre season meeting with all student athletes and parents before the first official match .
• Assess players? skills and assign team positions
• Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
• Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
• Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, and facilities , including protecting students from hazing/bullying .
• Oversee process of clean ing, repairing, and storing all athletic equipment.
• Assist the Athletic Director with the scheduling of matches and coordinate arrangements. A ct as a team representative and promote the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
• Participate in special activities to include senior night, banquets, award nights and pep assemblies.
• Conferenc es with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding athletic performance of their student
• Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete?s injury.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administ rator.
Cross County Community School is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit apply.recruitology.com.