Website Loras College
Performs golf coaching and management activities, including recruitment of student-athletes in a National Collegiate Athletic Association–Division III intercollegiate golf program.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations maybe made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s) Golf Coach
• Oversees the identification, evaluation and recruitment of potential golf student-athletes.
• Monitors the academic progress of each golf student-athlete in the programs.
• Coordinates the physical development of each student-athlete through appropriate condition, strength and practice sessions.
• Recruits, hires and evaluates volunteer assistant golf coaches if applicable.
• Directs and monitors the duties of the program’s assistant coaches if applicable.
• Stands accessible to the media, alumni, boosters and general public to publicize and promote the program, in coordination with the Director of Athletics.
• Advises and counsels student-athletes academically, athletically and socially.
• Fiscally responsible for all areas of the golf budgets and golf recruiting, including budget proposal, accounting and expenditure.
• Recommends and oversees the purchase of new golf equipment, supplies and uniforms.
• Represents the College at all American Rivers Conference meetings.
• Assists in the coordination of travel arrangement for road trips.
• Oversees the development of the schedule with the Director of Athletics.
• Oversees academic success program for athletic department.
• Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College’s Catholic tradition.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
• Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Diversity Oriented – Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university) required in any field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Three to seven years related experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Other Requirements: Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of collegiate golf. Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association’Division III and the American Rivers Conference as they pertain to collegiate golf. Demonstrated success in coaching golf and recruiting quality student-athletes. Also must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the techniques, fundamentals and drills associated with golf. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superior, colleagues, student-athletes and subordinates. Ability to analyze strengths and weaknesses of the golf program and develop problem-solving solutions. Possess high energy level, strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. Good organizational and communication skills. Ability to represent the philosophy of Loras College to alumni, members of the Loras community, the media and prospective students. Skilled in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit ncaamarket.ncaa.org.