Website Texas A&M University
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
The responsibilitie s of the Head Men’s Golf Coach includ e th e recruitmen t an d developmen t o f players , practic e an d competition preparation , coaching , schedulin g an d supervisio n of progra m budge t an d assistan t coaches , of f – seaso n conditionin g program , publi c relation s, fundraising an d facilit y maintenanc e fo r program . Will repor t t o th e Directo r o f Athletics.
• Coaching at competitions & practices, practice set-up & competition preparations; clinics & special projects.
• Budget management, scheduling of events, supervision of assistant coaches, off-campus recruitment of student-athletes, plan travel for away competitions.
• Including but not limited to off-season and pre-season conditioning programs; fundraising; public relations; working with buffalo club.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience coaching and participating in the recruiting process of college-bound student-athletes.
• A demonstrable record of success in coaching golf for a minimum of four years.
• Ability to obtain Texas Athletic Training Licensure within 30 days of employment
• Obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and qualify and maintain qualification to operate a vehicle within Texas A&M University System guidelines.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Public speaking experience.
• Master’s degree
• Collegiate coaching and recruiting is preferred. Experience in personnel management, budget management, fundraising and public relations.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules governing golf, student-athlete recruitment, eligibility, progress-towards-degree academic requirements and Division II championship selection requirements.
Please include the following with your application:
• Cover letter
• Three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Although the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one document may be included. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at click apply .
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.