Website American International College
Job Description Functions COACHING/INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM INSTRUCTION
• Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on women’s and men’s golf rules and fundamentals, pre-competition activities, skill attainment, techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner and team concepts that are specific to team needs. Provide individualized coaching, tutoring and mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work. Assess student-athletes skill attainment demonstrated during practice, competition and in film. Review video of opponent performance and subsequently design individual and team instruction for AIC student-athletes. Determine specific daily practice activities that are organized, creative and valuable for the student-athletes. Keep informed of modern trends, techniques and strategies; transferring the knowledge in the development and implementation of game strategy and position assignments. Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to players and their physical well-being. Attend workshops and training sessions for the purpose of researching methods to provide student-athletes with training and instruction on: golf rules, fundamentals, team concepts, physical health, safety, skill attainment, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Emphasize values of competitive athletics, acceptable personal behavior, decision-making and lasting values to each individual. Always serves as an exemplary professional. RECRUITING
• Work collaboratively with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid to effectively recruit new student-athletes that have the ability to achieve success academically and athletically at AIC. Abides by all recruiting rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA. ACADEMICS
• In coordination with the Academic Resource Center, monitor academic progress throughout the year to insure academic success, eligibility, retention and graduation. LEADERSHIP
• Communicate skillfully with colleagues, subordinates and student-athletes. Maintains self-control and sets an example for sportsmanlike conduct in relationships with your team, officials, administration and opponents in victory or defeat. Provides clear direction of responsibility and authority. Attend and contribute to department meetings and functions. BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
• Plan and utilize operating, financial aid and salary budget according to department procedures and NCAA regulations. Monitor budget and expenses routinely and ensures timely turnaround of team credit cards and expense reimbursements. Keep program within expense budget parameters. NCAA RULES/COMPLIANCE
• Always adhere to NE-10 and NCAA rules. Attend all internal compliance meetings, follow departmental policies, and complete paperwork and reports on time. Successfully passes the NCAA rules education. COMMUNITY/PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Actively support student-athlete participation in community outreach efforts. Develop and maintain positive relationship with interested segment of the community. FUNDRAISING/ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT
• Successfully implement a fundraising plan that achieves annual fundraising goals set by administration. Work with Athletic Director/Department to actively engage alumni and support all fundraising efforts. ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENTS
• Assess team competitive performance versus expectations. Analyze how well did the team play when compared with expectations; make adjustments as necessary. ROSTER GOALS/RETENTION MANAGEMENT
• Maintain sport specific roster and retention goals as determined by the Director of Athletics. ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM
• Ensure student-athletes well-being by collaborating with the Athletic Trainers. Start and conclude practices at scheduled times. Adhere to athletic training room policy of 24-hour notice regarding the changing of practice times. EQUIPMENT ROOM
• Responsible for your team’s collection, issuance, purchasing and accounting of all equipment. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform additional responsibilities (as assigned by the Director of Athletics or sport oversight). Qualifications
• Required Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree
• Preferred Degree(s): Master’s degree
• Required Training/Cert: Ability to pass NCAA recruiting exam within 90 days of employment. Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
• Required Licensure(s): A valid, insurable driver’s license Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• A strong teaching/playing/coaching background in golf with the ability to provide high level instruction.
• Must have a strong commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete. Manage and treat, student-athletes professionally, respectfully, and courteously.
• Understanding of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
• Exceptional leadership and strong organizational ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. Strong teamwork and supports departmental efforts through collaborative measures and sharing knowledge with others.
• A valid, insurable driver’s license is required, with ability to travel.
• Ability to represent the philosophy and educational goals of American International College in a thorough and professional manner.
• Understands, values and respect diversity within the team and fosters an inclusive and supportive environment. Work Schedule This is a full time, exempt level, benefits eligible position, not limited to 35 hours. Your schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends, and holidays required as the schedule dictates. To Apply Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application: https://apps.aic.edu/static/jobs/head-womens-and-mens-golf-coach-id-757.html Internal Number: 2165
To apply for this job please visit www.higheredjobs.com.