Website Devon Preparatory School
Devon Preparatory School a Catholic, college preparatory school for young
men in grade six to twelve, is seeking a Golf Coach to join our Athletics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Golf Coach will report directly to the Director of Athletics.
The Golf Coach is responsible for overseeing the Varsity, JV, and middle
school golf teams. The Golf Coach will develop the skill of all players in the
program and perform other related duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
– Actively promotes the Devon Prep School Mission
– Leads the program in participating in community service programs
throughout the year, both in and out of season
– Conducts youth clinics and camps at Linfield Golf Club or a local course
– Develops relationships with local CYO and youth golf programs in the area
– Runs events on Devon Prep Campus during the golf season
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
Devon Prep’s Athletic staff has frequent encounters with visitors students,
faculty and staff throughout the campus. It is important to maintain a
helpful, positive demeanor while interacting with these individuals. The Golf
Coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics but may be directed by
other administration during the day if emergencies arise.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
The Golf Coach is supervised directly by the Director of Athletics.
– Prior high school or middle school golf coaching experience is
encouraged but not required
– Must have knowledge of current golf rules and regulations for both the
PGA and also the PIAA.
– Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of golf
– Ability to interact with student athletes of different ages and golf skill
levels in a positive and professional manner
– Must demonstrated high degree of integrity as all Devon Prep staff are
considered to be role models for Devon Prep students.
– PA teaching certification
INTERESTED PERSONS should send resume and cover letter to:
Devon Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Devon Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender,
religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its
educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and
employment practices. The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
For more than 50 years, Devon Preparatory School has been dedicated to
providing a trusting and supportive atmosphere where young men are
motivated to excel academically, think independently and creatively, to
pursue careers in diverse fields and to enjoy extracurricular activities, both
in school and in the community. Information about our school can be found
To apply for this job please visit careers.paisboa.org.