We are excited for the 2020 High School National Invitational to take place at Pinehurst August 3-5th. In preparation for the event, we felt it would be important to explain how the event will be operated given the unique nature of 2020. Below you will find the Operational Guidelines along with on-site operations. The NHSGA team is looking forward to a great event and we are here to help you prepare and answer any questions.
- We are working closely with Pinehurst to determine the best procedures to follow all required guidelines. The Pinehurst Reopening page outlines operational practices, protocols, and recommendations for the full resort. This is an actively updated page that is helpful for on-site amenities, access to on-site transportation, etc.
- We will be observing Back2Golf, North Carolina state, and Moore County local guidelines
- Social distancing will be a priority for everything done on-site. Large gatherings will not be permitted and registration will be conducted on a rolling basis
- NHSGA Staff will be wearing mandated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and practicing social distancing
- PPE will be provided to participants (hand sanitizer, wipes, and masks)
- Spectator Policy – There will not be a limit to the number of spectators per player. However, spectators must follow social distancing guidelines unless they live in the same household. We will be assessing the use/rental of spectator carts as the tournament with Pinehurst staff in the coming weeks.
- Paperless operations are the current standard including rules sheets and scorecards. In the event paperless remains the standard practice, scoring will be done digitally adhering to USGA guidelines and all documents will be sent electronically prior to the event
- Tee gifts and awards will be sanitized prior to distribution
- Personal pushcarts will be allowed for competitors. Rental pushcarts will be available on a first-come first serve basis
- Players are asked to bring and use their own face mask/covering when they are unable to social distance at the host facility, especially during weather delays or evacuation
- Flagsticks and Bunkers – we will be working with Pinehurst to develop the local rule pertaining to Flagsticks and Bunkers taking into consideration all USGA Rules of Golf recommendations. The focus will be to eliminate touch and to provide a fair, competitive experience
- The NHSGA will not tolerate players or spectators who do not adhere to guidelines put in place. Our goal is to act in a healthy and responsible manner. We reserve the right to penalize and/or disqualify players who knowingly and willingly disregard our policies to promote social distance. Players are also responsible for the actions of their family members or spectators
The NHSGA staff asks that you take the following precautions:
- Please avoid handshakes or physical contact of any kind
- Wear face coverings at all times where you are not able to socially distance
- Wash hands and use sanitizer frequently
- Stay outside as much as possible
- Refrain from touching your face, eyes, nose, lips or mouth
- Please monitor CDC and WHO guidelines for best practices
- Please do your best to act in a healthy and responsible manner
- If you feel sick please stay home and report any illness to our staff on-site immediately
- If you “test positive” for the COVID-19 virus at any point within 14 days of being at the golf course, please contact our staff immediately
- If you need to contact our staff, please call 617-396-7021